One Mind seeks a passionate and seasoned Grant Writer to join our successful and expanding development team. We seek a motivated team player who is interested in increasing our national impact in the field of mental health. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Grant Writer will write compelling, coherent, and organized proposals for six and seven figure major gifts that will enable the organization to reach our fundraising objectives. Grant proposals will be written for private donors, foundations, and corporations. Preference will be given to applicants who can show a proven track record of writing proposals for all three types of donors that have led to securing multi-year major gifts of $300,000 and above. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising strategies and collaborate with team members and key stakeholders in the organization. To ensure success you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods, and be committed to our vision and mission. Applicants must be deadline- driven team players with outstanding multitasking abilities.
- Learn One Mind’s programs, goals, and financial needs to develop compelling proposals, seek new funding opportunities, and report on funding impact.
- Work closely with staff members to synthesize program activities, data, and financials for proposals and reports.
- Manage grant and report timeline and delivery. Ensure compliance with all funder guidelines in grant submission and reporting.
- Perform prospect research on individuals, foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for additional grants.
- Awareness of potential funding sources in the mental health field.
- Perform prospect research and create donor profiles.
- Added duties may include working with an executive board, planning fund-raising campaigns/projects.
- May be requested to assist other One Mind staff with marketing and communication materials as needed.
- Proven track record in writing grant proposals for private individuals, foundations and corporations that have resulted in securing multi-year major gifts of $300,000 and above.
- 5 or more years grant writing experience, preferably in a non-profit and educational institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, English, or a similar major. Preference given to a master’s degree or certificates such as American Grant Writers’ Association (AGWA).
- Knowledge of basic fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Outstanding grammar and research skills are essential. Excellent organizational, communication, and writing skills. Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
Anywhere in the United States, working remotely.
Salary is dependent on experience, qualifications, and credentials. Full benefits package provided.
ABOUT ONE MIND:
One Mind accelerates collaborative research and advocacy to enable all individuals facing brain health challenges to build healthy, productive lives. Influenced by their son Brandon’s schizophrenia diagnosis, Shari and Garen Staglin launched One Mind in 1995 to bridge the gaps that they saw in mental health research funding and patient support. Since then, One Mind has become the leading brain health nonprofit committed to healing the lives of people impacted by brain illness. and injury through global, collaborative action.
OPPORTUNITY / INFLECTION POINT:
Twenty-six years of world-leading discoveries by One Mind’s funded scientists have yielded fertile opportunities to change the lives of people who struggle with brain health. Now is the time to accelerate our research agenda and to make those advances available to everyone.
Please send the following as one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- 3-4 writing samples of grant proposals that secured major gifts of at least $300,000
- Please note: Grant Writing Companies need not apply
The mission of One Mind is to accelerate collaborative research and advocacy to enable all individuals facing brain health challenges to build healthy, productive lives. It is the policy of One Mind to provide equal employment opportunity.