Job Description: Senior Major Gifts Officer for One Mind
One Mind seeks a seasoned Senior Major Gifts Officer to join our team in achieving our fundraising objectives. Reporting to the Director of Development, the Senior Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for identifying and cultivating relationships with prospective major gift donors, with an emphasis on the northeast region of the US.
This new position will work closely with the Director of Development to carry out One Mind’s new Major Gifts Program, as well as refining their own effective solicitation and stewardship strategies. The Senior Major Gifts Officer will target gifts of $100,000 and above.
This individual will also work collaboratively with One Mind’s board members and staff leaders to coordinate and execute long-term fundraising initiatives. Our ideal candidate will have a master’s degree and at least seven years of major gifts fundraising experience, preferably in the mental health, academic or education fields. Applications will be accepted through February 15th and early submissions are encouraged.
- Executing the Major Gifts Program with the Director of Development
- Refining the new Major Gifts Program with your own donor solicitation and stewardship strategies for major gift prospects in the northeastern US, especially in NYC and Boston.
- Nurturing relationships with One Mind’s Board of Directors with priority to those based on the east coast.
- Drafting major gift proposals.
- Researching major gift donor prospects.
- Working collaboratively with the board and staff.
- 7-10 years of fundraising experience, including at least 5 years of experience securing major gifts of at least $100K from private individuals, foundations, and corporate prospects.
- Strong preference is given to candidates who can demonstrate a consistent track record of personally securing seven-figure gifts annually.
- 3-5 years of experience with major gift proposal writing.
- Seeking a candidate based in NYC who can travel to the SF Bay Area.
- Skills required:
- Outstanding relationship building and collaboration through open, honest, and transparent communication.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to naturally build a personal connection with prospects, while matching a prospect’s personal vision with One Mind’s vision, mission, and programs.
- Detail-oriented, organized and results-driven.
- *Unique understanding of the mental health field is preferred. If possible, address this specifically in your cover letter.
Master’s degree required.
Salary is dependent on experience, qualifications, and credentials. An annual bonus will be allocated if fundraising goals are met. Full benefits package provided.
About One Mind
One Mind accelerates collaborative research and advocacy to enable all individuals facing brain health challenges to build healthy, productive lives. Influenced by their son Brandon’s schizophrenia diagnosis, Shari and Garen Staglin launched One Mind in 1995 to bridge the gaps that they saw in mental health research funding and patient support. Since then, One Mind has become the leading brain health nonprofit committed to healing the lives of people impacted by brain illness and injury through global, collaborative action. Supported by a growing staff, an active Board of 14 dedicated members, and a 9-person Scientific Advisory Board of the world’s top neuroscientists, One Mind has set the ambitious vision of accelerating brain health for all.
Twenty-six years of world-leading discoveries by One Mind’s funded scientists have yielded fertile opportunities to change the lives of people who struggle with brain health. Now is the time to accelerate our research agenda and to make those advances available to everyone.
Please send the following as one PDF to Candace Thersby, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter with salary requirements
- A confidential list of annual gifts secured
- 2 writing samples of proposals that secured major gifts