One Mind Accelerator Announces Demo Day to Feature Eleven Early-Stage Startups Pioneering Innovative Solutions for Mental Healthcare
Founders of the emerging companies will present their solutions to improve the lives of people facing mental health conditions to an audience of investors, media, and mental health leaders
Demo Day on May 3 in Menlo Park, California
Rutherford, CA – One Mind™, a leading mental health non-profit, has announced the upcoming “Demo Day” for the One Mind Accelerator. The event will take place on Wednesday, May 3, 2023, in Menlo Park, California. Thomas Insel, MD, Former Director of the National Institute of Mental Health, and author, entrepreneur, and investor, will deliver the closing remarks for this capstone event.
The One Mind Accelerator is a new initiative by One Mind for founders of early-stage mental health startups, providing them with the network, education, and the capital to build and scale their companies. The Demo Day will provide them with a platform to present their companies and showcase the potential of their innovations to shape the future of mental healthcare, as well as opportunities for attendees to network with the founders and learn more about their products and services. The invite-only event is open to select investors, leaders in the mental health ecosystem, and media outlets.
The eleven One Mind Accelerator companies presenting at the Demo Day are:
- Ceretype – an in-market, audit-cleared brain “biomarker engine” – a novel fMRI platform incorporating optimal image acquisition and advanced analytics that de-risks and accelerates the development of psychiatric and neurological therapies.
- Flock Health – a digital health company working to detect and reduce acute mental health crises for patients suffering from Serious Mental Illness and, in doing so, improve patient wellbeing and health outcomes while lowering spend on inpatient and emergency care.
- Flourish Labs – a company empowering college students to support each other through mobilizing and scaling mental health peer support with tech.
- Flowly – a clinically validated platform for managing stress and building resilience in teams. Using a mobile app and VR headset, Flowly collects biometric data such as heart rate and converts it to visualizations in virtual experiences that reduce feelings of stress and burnout by 20 – 100%.
- Heading Health – a mental healthcare provider offering a personalized and holistic approach to treatment, guided by cutting-edge research and technology.
- Motif Neurotech – a company creating minimally invasive bioelectronic implants that monitor and treat severe mental health conditions.
- Options MD – a telehealth company enabling patients to access mental health care and treatment options that address severe and treatment-resistant mental illnesses, starting with treatment-resistant depression (TRD).
- Sanarai – a mental health platform for Spanish-speakers, addressing the gap in mental health offering for the Latinx community.
- Somethings – a platform connecting teenagers with certified Peer Mentors who are trained to provide mental health support through a novel, digital first care delivery method.
- Tetricus Labs – a precision psychiatry company leveraging breakthrough AI computational neuroscience to deliver the right diagnosis and treatment recommendation for every patient.
- Zama Health – a behavioral health platform providing full strength mental health clinical intervention for athletes and the broader fitness community, while also adding performance, educational, and community support resources that improve program adherence and member engagement outcomes for users.
The inaugural session for the One Mind Accelerator kicked off on February 27 with an in-person week in Menlo Park followed by nine weeks of virtual programming. The program consists of a series of workshops, seminars, panel discussions, one-on-one mentoring sessions, and networking events to cover all aspects of building a high-growth mental health company, from fundraising to working with payers, providers and employers, to pursuing regulatory approval, to co-creating with the lived experience community.
“We are thrilled to see the rapid progress that the One Mind Accelerator startups have made over the past ten weeks,” said Brandon Staglin, President of One Mind. “The mental health space is in critical need of innovation and investment, and we are proud to support these founders in their efforts to make a real difference in the lives of people facing mental health challenges.”
The Demo Day will be a single day event and will have two sessions. The morning session will be virtual and will consist of live-streamed 5 min presentations by each founder on YouTube from 10-11:30 a.m. PDT. The audience will have the ability to contact the founders of each company directly during the livestream. The in-person session will be held between 4-7 p.m. PDT at the Allied Arts Guild in Menlo Park. Recordings from the live stream will be posted on the One Mind website by the end of the week.
“The eleven startups in the One Mind Accelerator are at the forefront of transforming mental healthcare, from building capacity, to serving the underserved and marginalized, to fast-tracking a new era of precision psychiatry,” said Garen Staglin, Co-Founder and Chairman of One Mind. “We are excited to showcase their progress and to connect them with investors and other key stakeholders in the One Mind eco-system who can help them accelerate their growth and scale the impact of their innovations.”
If you are interested in attending or covering the Demo Day, please reach out to OneMindDKC@dkcnews.com. For additional information about the One Mind Accelerator and the upcoming Demo Day, please contact Carmine Di Maro, Director of the One Mind Accelerator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About One Mind™
Launched in 1995 by Shari and Garen Staglin as their means to “run toward the problem” of their son’s schizophrenia diagnosis, One Mind today catalyzes visionary change through science, business and media to transform the world’s mental health. Through such achievements as enrolling over 10,000 patients in innovative clinical studies and the One Mind at Work initiative that has brought supportive workplace mental health practices to over 7 million employees, One Mind powers evidence-based solutions to enable all people to succeed in their mental health journeys. Brandon Staglin, whose own experiences inspired the creation of the non-profit, now serves as its President, exemplifying the change One Mind seeks in its disruptive initiatives.
DKC News, OneMindDKC@dkcnews.com