We’d love to help you get started. Whether you’re new to grassroots fundraising or looking to reach new heights, don’t be a stranger.
Start A Fundraiser
Rally Your Community
From birthdays and weddings to marathons and long distance biking adventures, there are many ways to support brain health.
Facebook Birthday Fundraiser
Celebrate your big day by hosting a birthday fundraiser for brain health on Facebook.
Get creative with your fundraiser
Facebook Fundraising How-To
Start your fundraiser by clicking “Raise Money” on the left side of Facebook’s Fundraising page.
- When asked who you’re raising money for, select “Nonprofit”.
- Search and select One Mind as the designated nonprofit organization.
- Set a fundraising goal and currency.
- Select a deadline when the fundraiser will end.
- Use the suggested message to let friends know why you’re supporting One Mind, or write your own if you’re feeling creative!
- Select and reposition the suggested cover photo that will be featured in your post.
From your fundraiser homepage, you can also:
- Add up to three Organizers if you’re fundraising as a team and would like multiple people to be able to manage the campaign.
- Pledge to match donations from your fundraiser homepage
Facebook Fundraising FAQs
Are there fees for donations made on Facebook?
No. Facebook covers all fees for donations made to charitable organizations like One Mind.
How are donations made on Facebook distributed to One Mind?
Birthday donations from Facebook are sent to the nonprofit organization in a monthly payment at the beginning of the month. Nonprofits connected to Facebook Payments receive the donation via electronic transfer.
How can I find my Facebook fundraiser?
Go to https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/manage to see your fundraisers.
Who do I contact with questions?
You can reach out to One Mind through Facebook messages or our website.
For support with additional questions, please visit Facebook’s help page for Creating a Fundraiser.
You can encourage your friends to support One Mind by adding a donate button to your Facebook post:
- From your news feed or profile, draft your Facebook post asking friends to donate to One Mind.
- Click the button below the post with three dots.
- When the additional options have populated, select “Support Nonprofit”.
- When the search field appears, search and select “One Mind”.
- Click “Post” to publish the post.
To make sure your donation post is as effective as possible, consider:
- Adding a photo
- Sharing the post through Facebook Messenger or onto a Facebook Group to make sure specific members of your network see it
- Sharing a personal story about why One Mind’s mission resonates with you
Facebook Live is a great tool to interact with friends in real time and livestream events and activities, sharing important moments as they unfold. You can go live on Facebook to raise awareness about One Mind and inspire your network to support brain health.
To go live:
- Click “What’s on your mind, [Name]?” at the top of your News Feed.
- Click the button with the three dots; select “Live Video” from the additional options.
- To add a donate button to your live video, click the button with the three dots again; select “Add Donate Button”. Search and choose “One Mind” as the designated nonprofit.
- Draft a message to share the purpose of your live video and inspire your friends to tune in.
- Click “Go Live” in the bottom left.
Once you’re live, you’ll see a red “Live” button on the video.
Use these best practices to have the most successful Facebook Live experience possible:
- Ensure that you have a strong Wi-Fi connection.
- Let your network know ahead of time so they can plan to tune in.
- Broadcast for longer periods of time to reach more people.
- Repeat your message throughout the livestream for people who joined later.
- Thank supporters who donate in real time to encourage others to follow suit.
- Share your personal story that has inspired you to support brain health through One Mind.
To learn more about using Facebook Live, check out Facebook’s FAQ page.
GoFundMe Charity Fundraiser: How-To
To create your own GoFundMe Charity fundraiser for One Mind, follow these steps:
- Sign in to GoFundMe.
- Navigate to One Mind’s GoFundMe profile.
- Click “Start a Campaign”.
- Under the first option (“Create a campaign”), click “Create”.
- Write a catchy campaign title and set a fundraising goal.
- Share what inspired you to support brain health through One Mind in the “Campaign Story” section.
- Upload a photo that tells the story of your campaign.
To create your own fundraiser in support of a specific campaign that One Mind is currently running:
- Navigate to the campaign page from One Mind’s GoFundMe profile.
- Below the campaign images and social media share buttons, click “The Team” tab.
- Click “Join Team”.
- Click “Join” or “Create Your Own Team”. Both will generate a campaign with a unique URL that you can share with your network.
GoFundMe Charity FAQs
What fees are associated with GoFundMe Charity?
There are very minimal fees associated with each donation to One Mind through GoFundMe Charity. There is a 3% platform fee plus an industry-standard payment processing fee of 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction. All donors are given the option to increase their donation to cover these transaction fees. If One Mind receives a $100 donation, we will net between $94.50 and $100, depending on whether the donor chooses to cover fees.
How are funds I’ve raised sent to One Mind?
No action is required on a fundraiser’s part to send funds raised to One Mind. GoFundMe Charity will automatically send payments to One Mind during and after the campaign.
Who do I contact with questions?
You can reach out to One Mind through our website.
To learn more about donating and starting a fundraiser, visit GoFundMe Charity’s FAQ page.
Instagram Donate Sticker
The donate sticker enables followers who see your donation sticker in your story to tap “Donate” to easily support one Mind. To add a donation sticker to your story, follow these easy steps:
- From your Instagram Story, tap the square face icon to add a sticker.
- Select the donation sticker.
- Choose @OneMindOrg as the nonprofit you want to raise money for and customize the name of your fundraiser.
Swipe up on your story to see the total amount raised and donations by username.
For best results, post the donate sticker in multiple stories to raise awareness. Remember that a story will only be visible to your followers for 24 hours unless you add it to your profile as a Highlight.
Instagram Live Fundraiser
You can support One Mind by starting a live fundraiser on the Instagram app. Just follow these steps:
- Tap the camera icon in the left of your feed.
- At the bottom of the screen, select “Live” from the three different tabs.
- Tap “Fundraiser” with the heart icon on the left side of the screen.
- Search and select @OneMindOrg as the designated beneficiary of your fundraiser.
- Tap the circular Live button in the center of the bottom of the screen to start your Live fundraiser.
Tap “View” in the bottom right to see how much money you’ve raised and a list of viewers who’ve donated to your fundraiser.
Click “Wave” next to a donor’s name to thank them.
You can go live with someone else, but you must fundraise for one nonprofit.
Once you end your live video, you can choose to share your live video to your IGTV, download it to your device, or delete it.
For more information, see Instagram’s FAQ page.
Will nonprofits be charged any fees? Will Instagram profit from donations?
Instagram waives all nonprofit fundraising fees, so 100% of donations go to the beneficiary.
How much can someone donate?
People can donate $5 – $2,500 per contribution. However, they can donate multiple times to the same fundraiser.
How does One Mind receive donations made on Instagram?
Once the funds raised for One Mind reach $100 or the equivalent minimum donation payout amount, they become eligible for a payout. Payouts take 2 weeks to process and will occur biweekly as an ACH or direct deposit to the organization’s bank account.